The best experience with Imatest comes when it can automatically detect targets. This allows for tests to be automated and improves the efficiency and repeatability of your testing workflow (see following sections).
Targets with special autodetection
- SFRplus—requires bars on top and bottom of chart to be present in image
- 24-patch X-Rite Colorchecker—Works best without extreme distortion
- Checkerboard—We can detect square areas of checkerboards that are not excessively bloomed or blurred
- Rezchecker—We can detect the vesion of this target with 4 dots
- Dot pattern
Targets detected with four or more registration marks
- 36-Patch Dynamic Range Test Charts
- Arbitrary Charts—Supports SFRreg-style registration marks or black circles
- eSFR ISO 12233:2014+
- Random Patern
- Sinusoidal Siemens Star
- Spilled coins: Black & White, Color, Cross-correlation
- Transmissive Color Target
Imatest plans to implement Colorchecker SG autodetection in a future release. Note that we will not perform autodetection for the Obsolete ISO 12233:2000 target because it can easily produce invalid results.
If you have a target you would like to be automatically detected, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.