Which Solutions Meet Your Needs?
Imatest Master Edition
The original GUI-based version of Imatest, offering the ability to analyze nearly every image quality factor. Imatest Master is used around the globe, both to test image quality, and to communicate test results.
- Master includes the full set of Imatest image quality tests, including automated analysis with SFRplus
- Master supports nearly every standard test charts, including the Imatest SFRplus test chart.
- So many companies use Master that results are understood and trusted
List price: $2,200. Details here.
Imatest IT (industrial testing) Edition
Imatest IT is the non-GUI version of Imatest and is available in two varieties: IT/DLL and IT/EXE. Both varieties have the same functionality as Imatest Master, but they operate without user intervention, making them suitable for integration with automated systems in quality control, manufacturing, and other high-volume test environments.
- Imatest IT/DLL is a software library designed for integration with other software systems. Imatest IT/DLL allows developers to access Imatest’s analysis tools via calls to Imatest functions residing in a Dynamic Link Library (DLL).
- Imatest IT/EXE is a set of standalone programs initiated by DOS calls from the test system.
List price: $6,500. Details here.
Image Sensor (IS) Edition
Along with all the features of Imatest Master, the IS Edition also offers the ability to load images directly from image sensor vendor’s configuration software, dramatically improving productivity for engineers working with image sensors. The IS Edition currently supports Aptina and OmniVision sensors and will soon support Toshiba and STMicroelectronics sensors as well. Free upgrades from the DevWare Edition to the IS Edition are available — please contact email@example.com for details.
List price: $2,500. Details here
Imatest Studio Edition
Imatest Studio offers most of the functionality of Master, but at a price designed to be affordable to individuals. Studio is only for sale to individuals.
List price: $299. Details here
Imatest SFRplus Test Charts
The SFRplus test chart can be used with the SFRplus module in Master, Studio, IT, DevWare, or IS software to measure MTF, lateral chromatic aberration, distortion, tonal response, and color accuracy. While imatest software can be used to analyze nearly any test chart, the SFRplus chart offers significant advantages over commonly used charts such as the ISO 12233 chart, including 1) much less wasted area, 2) the ability to produce a map of sharpness over the sensor surface, 3) better measurement accuracy due to the lower contrast, and 4) full support for automated testing.
Gamutvision is a gamut viewer and much more. It is a powerful tool for learning color management, exploring its functions, and proofing color workflows. With Gamutvision you can
- View gamuts of color spaces, displays, and printers.
- Visualize gamut mappings and rendering intents.
- View color response for ANY saturation and lightness level, not just the gamut surface.
- Evaluate ICC profile quality.
- Preview printer, paper, and photo lab performance using downloaded profiles.
- Analyze the performance of your printer usingscanned test prints.
- See precisely how image colors will change when printed.
Who needs Gamutvision?
- Photographers: professional and prosumer
- Manufacturers and reviewers of printers, papers, and profiles
- Graphic arts studios and print shops
- Students of photography and color management
List price: $299. Details here