Boulder, Colorado – Imaging Science Engineer – Charts Team
Imatest LLC is a well-established software company based in Boulder, Colorado, that focuses on measuring the quality of digital imaging systems.
Our software and test charts/targets are used for R&D and manufacturing testing in a wide variety of industries, including smartphones, tablets, medical imaging, automotive imaging, machine vision, and space exploration. Our customers include nearly every company that creates a product that includes a high-quality camera.
We are seeking a full-time employee to join our chart/target design & production team who can wear many hats, including:
- Print Production Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Image Science Engineer
You’ll enjoy working with our customers to answer their chart/target questions and help them choose the products they need, including consulting with customers on custom chart creation. At the highest level you will be helping our customers set up their testing environments to achieve their desired testing goals. While you’ll be the chart/target expert, you will work with our team to solve a customer’s comprehensive testing challenges.
You will also help with print quality research, looking for new and advanced ways to create charts/targets.
While you will be challenged with these thoughtful roles, the position also requires the typical production tasks of printing charts, print finishing (trimming/matting/mounting), target assembly, quality verification, packaging, shipping (UPS/FedEx/DHL) and advanced printer maintenance. In addition, you will work with suppliers and coworkers to produce charts on a wide variety of media including film and glass to suit customer needs.
- Love of printing and print technologies
- Background in Imaging and Color Science
- Experience with graphic design and photo editing software (Inkscape, GIMP, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong desire and ability to creatively solve customer challenges
- Patient and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize several tasks
- BS in Imaging Science, Optics, Photography or other related fields
- Existing permission to work in the US
These qualities are a plus:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with raster image processing for inkjet printing
- Experience developing in MATLAB and/or Python
- Desire and ability to creatively solve customer challenges by applying advanced imaging mathematics
- Passion for digital photography
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese
- Group health insurances (medical, dental, vision)
- Long and Short-term disability
- Paid time off and scheduled holidays
- 401K plan
- Flexible work schedule
Sound interesting? If so, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please know that while we’ll look at every resume, we can’t guarantee a response. If you are a good fit, we’ll be in touch.