Boulder, Colorado – Mechanical Engineer
Imatest LLC is a small, well-established software company based in Boulder, Colorado, that focuses on measuring the quality of digital imaging systems.
Our software, hardware, and test charts are used for R&D and manufacturing testing in a wide variety of industries, including smartphones, tablets, medical imaging, automotive imaging, machine vision, and space exploration. Our customers include nearly every company that creates a product that includes a high-quality camera.
We are seeking our first full-time Mechanical Engineer who can help grow Imatest’s hardware solutions that will upgrade the capabilities of camera test labs and manufacturing lines.
You’ll enjoy working a variety of projects geared toward camera testing and lab equipment solutions. You will work closely with the software and hardware teams to design and prototype new products as well as suppliers and manufacturers to bring those products to market.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering field
- Experience with CAD software
- Experience prototyping using CNC fabrication techniques with metal & plastic
- Ability to assess optimal suppliers for offsite fabrication of parts
- Ability to write requests for proposals with detailed specifications to be bid on by partners
- Design with a focus on ease of manufacturing and assembly
- Familiarity with 3D printing
- Skilled with hardware/software interfaces using Python, C/C++ and MATLAB
- Ability to wear many “hats” and play a supporting role to the team
- Existing permission to permanently work in the US
These qualities are a plus:
- Familiarity with serial and wireless control interfaces
- Ability to control instruments such as stepper motors, linear actuators & sensors
- Understanding of human interface usability (either software or hardware)
- Ability to author easy to understand documentation and assembly instructions
- Knowledge of optics or lens optic engineering with Zemax or CodeV
- Passion for digital photography
- Group health insurances (medical, dental, vision)
- Long and Short-term disability
- Paid time off and scheduled holidays
- 401K plan
- Flexible work schedule
Sound interesting? If so, send your resume to email@example.com
Please know that while we’ll look at every resume, we can’t guarantee a response. If you are a good fit, we’ll be in touch.