Symptoms of the problem:
After installation, upon attempting to start Imatest, nothing happens.
Running using diagnostic mode, or from a command window may show an error similar to this:
Previously accessible file “C:\Program Files\Imatest\Master\imatest_mcr\imatest\
startup.m” is now inaccessible.
Error:Error in mclFreeStackTrace.
Sources of the problem:
- Inability for Imatest to write to the program files folder, such as: C:\Program Files (x86)\Imatest\v4.0\Master\imatest_mcr\
- Anti virus can block Imatest and it’s installer from writing files to the above location. ESET is a particular brand of anti-virus that has been known to cause this.
- Systems that have Java disabled by their administrative group policies
- Disabling Anti-virus during Installation or during the first run
- Running Imatest as Administrator
- Correcting the administrative policy blocking Java, or moving to a system without that policy
Solution for Imatest IT:
- Delete the C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\%USERNAME%\mcrCache8.1 folder then re-run the test