C++ Application Engineer
Imatest LLC is a well-established engineering company based in Boulder, Colorado, that focuses on measuring the quality of digital imaging systems. Our software, hardware, and test charts are used for R&D and manufacturing testing in a wide variety of industries, including smartphones, tablets, medical imaging, automotive imaging, machine vision, and space exploration.
We are seeking a full-time employee whose primary responsibility will be the development of cross-platform commercial software with a focus on image processing applications.
- Software Development – consultation, requirements, design, implementation, testing, release, support
- Interface with the imaging science team to develop strategies for efficient implementations
- Profiling of existing algorithms identifying performance bottlenecks and targets for optimization
- Ability to transition legacy MATLAB-based Implementations over to C++ code
- Integrate with APIs to acquire images from various hardware interfaces and image data sources (frame grabbers, IP cameras, development boards, libraw, libVLC, OpenEXR)
- Internal and product code-base maintenance and refactoring
- Investigate and evaluate new frameworks, toolboxes or other technologies for use by the software development team
- Fluent in modern C++ (C++11/14/17)
- Platform agnostic approach to developing native applications Windows, Linux and MacOS
- Experience with OOP and testing frameworks
- Experience with OO design
- GUI development: Qt, GTK, Swing, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration tools, e.g. Jenkins
- Strong desire and ability to craft high-quality software products with usable front ends and well-architectured back-ends
- Can accept occasional travel to our main office, or occasional international travel to Korea. <=5% of total time (travel currently on hold due to COVID-19)
These qualities are a plus:
- Project management: Agile, Scrum, Jira.
- Parallel programming experience with OpenMP or TBB
- Experience with numerical computation libraries, e.g. Eigen, Blaze, Intel MKL, Armadillo. Python, and Java programming and the ability to learn new languages as needed
- Technical writing including LaTeX, data visualization & interpretation
- Experience with MATLAB
- Korean language skills
- Group health insurances (medical, dental, vision)
- Long and Short-term disability
- Paid time off and scheduled holidays
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work schedule
Sounds interesting? If so, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org