Imatest LLC has been a leader in image quality testing for over 15 years. We provide software, test charts, and equipment to camera manufacturers across many industries, including mobile electronics, security, automotive, aerospace, and medical imaging. We provide the tools, resources and knowledge to test all types of imaging systems, from satellites to camera phones, in visible light or infrared.
We are seeking a full-time Mechanical Engineer who can help grow Imatest’s hardware solution business. You’ll enjoy working on a variety of projects geared toward camera testing and lab equipment solutions. You will work closely with the software and charts teams to design and prototype new products, and with suppliers and manufacturers to bring those products to market.
Salary: Salary dependent upon qualifications
- Design, testing, documentation, manufacturing of new products, redesign of existing products
- Assembly and manufacturing of internal hardware products (Collimator Fixture, Modular Test Stand, etc.)
- Provide hardware support to the sales team
- Hardware/software interfaces using Python, C/C++ and MATLAB
- Programming stepper motors, linear actuators, & sensors
- 3D Modeling – Solidworks
- Machining & CNC operation
- Rapid Prototyping (3D printing & Laser Cutting)
Preferred Skills & Attributes:
- F.E. Certification
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Ability to contribute to several projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating documentation & assembly instructions
- Passion for digital photography
- Strong interest in image quality testing & image quality education
- Familiarity with collimators and relay lenses
- Knowledge of optics or lens optic engineering with Zemax or CodeV
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or other relevant field required
- Group health insurances (medical, dental, vision)
- Long and Short-term disability
- Paid time off and scheduled holidays
- 401K plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
All employees are required to wear masks, practice social distancing and wash hands frequently.
Sound interesting? If so, send your resume to email@example.com
Please know that while we’ll look at every resume, we can’t guarantee a response. If you are a good fit, we’ll be in touch.