New Features and Enhancements
Lighting Control — Set up and control DMX lights (Kino Flo) and Lightboxes as well as monitor lighting conditions with an Isolight puck directly from Imatest using tools specifically designed with image quality testing in mind. This feature enables you to manage the brightness and color temperature of individual lights and save your settings to scenes which allows you to perform rapid switching between light configurations.
Shannon Information Capacity — Measure the Shannon information capacity of imaging systems in units of bits per pixel from sinusoidal Siemens star patterns. Because frequency-dependent signal and noise are measured from the same locations on the star, they are subject to identical image processing, unlike slanted-edge MTF and flat patch-based noise measurements.
New CCM Linearization Option — Calculate the linearization parameters from the grayscale patches on the target. Results are more accurate than previous methods. (The previous Color Correction Matrix [CCM] calculation, derived from images of color charts [including grayscales], generally required knowledge of the gamma [Opto-Electric Conversion Function] curve of the image for proper linearization.)
Support for Mac OS Catalina
Read Raw Module Updates:
- Decompanding JSONs now accept a simpler “kneepoint form” definition.
- 14-bit MIPI unpacking now available.
- 32-bit image data can now be written out.
Software Analytics — This helps us understand the usage patterns of license holders. When you opt in to share usage data with us, we can learn which areas of the software are used most often, which will help us improve our support and offer new licensing options.
- Linux editions are now installed into a version folder of the form vmajor.minor (e.g., v5.3).
- SFRreg module regions of interest (ROIs) are now ordered in a different way which is less susceptible to some minor image frame shift perturbations
Removed or deprecated items
- Standardized sharpening (MTF Corr) has been deprecated.