Step 1: Gather your materials
- Chart or Print
- Foam Board (AKA Gator Board) found at a local art supply store or an online retailer such as Foamboardsource.com.
- Spray Adhesive such as 3M 77 or Photomount
- Clean towel or cloth
- paper towels, or a second towel/cloth
- A friend or colleague. It will be very helpful to have a second set of hands to help with mounting larger targets.
Step 2: Prepare the work area
- Find a clean work surface large enough to accommodate the foam board and the chart.
- Wipe down your work surface with a paper towel and ensure it is fully dry before proceeding.
Step 3: Spray the chart and foam board
- Follow the instructions on your spray adhesive:
- Apply a generous, even coating of spray to the chart
- Apply a generous, even coating of spray to the board
Step 4: Bond the Surfaces *
- Carefully lift and turn the chart over, holding it above the foam board by the corners of one of the shorter sides.
- Slowly lower one of the short ends of the chart and align two corners of the chart with two corners of the board.
- Use a clean towel to push the chart on to the board gently but firmly, lowering the chart as you press down.
- Progressively smooth the chart on to the board in order to ensure that there are no air bubbles.
* It will be best to use two people to do this:
- one person to lift the chart upright, and slowly lower the chart down.
- one person to align the bottom corners of chart, then use the clean towel to smooth down the chart as the first person lowers it.