Imatest Consulting delivers innovative solutions to complex problems
Imatest consultants offer decades of experience in imaging science, optics, image quality testing, camera system design, software development, and project management. If you need short-term expertise or longer-term project support, contact Imatest Consulting for solutions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a sample of the talent Imatest can bring to your project:
- Camera Engineering Program Manager: More than 15 years of mobile handset design and project management experience. Successful track record with over 20 global high volume product launches. Experience with overall responsibility for driving design, development and integration of camera/flash imaging systems into mobile phones ranging from VGA to high resolution, fixed and Auto Focus compact digital camera modules. Able to work cross functionally between internal engineering teams (mechanical, electrical baseband/RF hardware, optics, software) and sourcing team to coordinate all aspects of integration of camera module design and production. Able to actively manage external supplier interface(module integrator, lens and sensor makers) across multiple timezones to meet tight schedules in fast-paced environments. Strategic business mindset with strong technical background in hardware design, camara module design, image quality metrics, and high volume manufacturing and quality control processes. Experienced traveling internatinally to support production builds and supplier interface meetings. Well organized, logical and possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Senior Image Science Consultant: 30+ years experience in conventional [photographic] and digital imaging system design and optimization. Responsible for development of innovative system metrics based on human vision parameters and customer usage patterns to drive system optimization to solutions with highest possible image quality Experienced in psychovisual assessment of image system performance using both real system imagery and model based simulations to drive system optimization.
- Camera Integration Design Engineer: More than 15 years of mobile handset design and camera module integration experience responsible for selection, implementation, tuning, and verification of electrical and optical parameters of compact digital cameras ensuring optimal image quality and system performance. Able to work cross functionally between internal engineering teams (mechanical, electrical baseband/RF hardware, software) and sourcing team to coordinate all design aspects of integration of camera module design and production. Experience integrating cameras ranging from VGA to high resolution, fixed and Auto Focus compact digital camera modules. Able to actively manage external supplier interface(module integrator, lens and sensor makers) across multiple timezones to meet tight schedules in fast-paced environments. Strong technical background in hardware design, camara module design, image quality measurement techniques, and high volume manufacturing and quality control processes. Experience with camera flash solutions as well as wafer-scale camera technologies. Direct experience with implementation of camera manufacturing tests at supplier and phone production side to ensure optimal efficiency in measurment methods resulting in direct correlation of results. Experienced traveling internatinally to support camera/phone production builds and supplier interface meetings.
- Camera Image Quality Engineer: More than 8 years of evaluation, qualification and benchmarking of camera module image quality metrics and system performance. Able to measure, assess, and analyze common digital image quality metrics such as sharpness, color accuracy, noise, dynamic range, white balance, light falloff, lens distortion, FOV, etc. Photographic background resulting in big picture view of image quality performance by understanding technical lab measurments coupled with real world field images to make most informed business decisions. Experience with camera resolutions ranging from VGA to 8MP, fixed focus and auto focus camera modules and flash systems. Familiar with sensor functionality and control and digital imaging AE, AWB, AF algorithms.
- Optical Engineer:
Strong fundamental understanding of all of the system components including sensor, lens, opto-mechanics, signal processing and actuation technologies. Full understanding of component and system testing and analysis
methodologies including measurement for comparison to customer specifications, component testing using interferometry, profilometry; lens level test with interferometry and Trioptics machines. Versed in root
cause/failure analysis, system analysis, and software development using MATLAB, ZEMAX, and C/C++. Experience working with fabrication partners both domestically and internationally.
- Lens Designer:
Expert user of Zemax, CodeV, and OSLO for lens design and analysis. System-level view provides complete tradespace analysis for designs including sensor effects, straylight considerations, thermal and optomechanical issues. Broad design experience includes miniature wafer-level cameras, wide field of view systems for security, automotive, and endoscopic applications, zoom lenses, optics for computational systems, reflective multi-channel telescopes and instruments for space-borne applications, and IR objectives with cold stops. Knowledge of all aspects of production is used to optimize designs that are amenable to different manufacture/test environments, desensitized for high yield, and take advantage of reduced cost components/assembly.
- Signal Processing Engineer:
Experience in processing multi-spectral, mosaicked, near IR, high dynamic range and LWIR images. Adept in geometrical transforms, morphological operations, Fourier domain, feature extraction techniques, edge enhancement and signal extraction/noise reduction methods. Experience includes image processing algorithms and image quality metrics supporting products in biometrics, machine vision, multi-spectral imaging, microscopy, and IR applications.
- Systems Characterization Engineer:
Multimedia experience in both CMOS sensor/SOC imaging system characterization and MPEG video chips. Skilled in development of Matlab exe tools and GUI user interfaces for image quality evaluation, report generation, and automation. Experience with sensor and imaging pipeline parameter measurement, analysis, tuning, and reporting.
- Software Architect:
In-depth experience architecting software systems for consumer and commercial products in audiovisual, multimedia and imaging applications. Adept at cross-platform development of system architecture, algorithms, and intuitive user interfaces that address customer needs in audio and imaging markets.
- Project Manager:
30 years of engineering management experience. Created an advanced image quality program combining competitive analysis, image processing and psychovisual research. Deep experience in optics and imaging including Wafer Level Camera modules, image enhancement, camera face-tracking technology, image processing algorithms and optimization, and testing lab development.
- Senior Consultant:
30+ years of photographic, optical, electro-optical, aerospace, scientific/technical, high-speed, infrared, large aperture optics, acceptance testing, and Test Range optical system design and applications. Former Optical Systems Manger for the Western Test Range and Chief of Technical Services specializing in long range optics, mobile tracking systems, and unique electro-optical systems for aerospace testing applications.
Recent Imatest projects include:
- For a major medical device company, Imatest developed software to remove the honeycomb patterns introduced by fiberscopes and developed blemish detection algorithms and sofware.
- For a major camera-phone company, Imatest introduced new image quality management software, developed customized blemish detection software, and supported software integration in a production environment.
- For a major medical device company, Imatest developed test charts and procedures to assess the image quality of a revolutionary new imaging system.
- For a supplier to the US military, Imatest developed test methods and software to support quality control of night-vision scopes.
- For a major security camera company, Imatest supported software integration for production quality-control.
- For a major camera-phone company, Imatest analyzed the image quality of a new camera-phone, provided benchmarking data against competitive products, and identified required improvements in design and software configuration.
- For the US military, Imatest developed innovative infrared test charts designed to work in harsh physical environments.
- For a major video gaming company, Imatest developed image quality testing methods for R&D and production