Boulder, Colorado – Application Engineer
Imatest LLC is a well-established engineering company based in Boulder, Colorado, that focuses on measuring the quality of digital imaging systems. Our software, hardware, and test charts are used for R&D and manufacturing testing in a wide variety of industries, including smartphones, tablets, medical imaging, automotive imaging, machine vision, and space exploration.
We are seeking a full-time employee whose primary responsibility will be the development of cross-platform commercial software with a focus on image processing applications.
- Software Development – consultation, requirements, design, implementation, testing, release, support
- Interface with the imaging science team to develop strategies for efficient implementations
- Profiling of existing algorithms identifying performance bottlenecks and targets for optimization
- Parallelization across multiple CPU cores, GPUs or FPGAs to accelerate the rate of computation
- Optimize algorithms in MATLAB or through external code in python 3, C or C++, optionally using open third-party libraries such as Boost, OpenMP, OpenCV, or similar
- Integrate with APIs to acquire images from various hardware interfaces and image data sources (frame grabbers, IP cameras, development boards, libraw, libVLC, OpenEXR)
- Internal and product code-base maintenance and refactoring
- Investigate and evaluate new frameworks, toolboxes or other technologies for use by the software development team
- Ability to utilize advanced methods of accelerated computation including parallelization and GPU-based calculations with Mathworks Parallel computing toolbox, OpenCL & CUDA
- Python 3, C++/C and Java programming and the ability to learn new languages as needed
- Technical writing including LaTeX, including data visualization & interpretation
- Experience with OOP and testing frameworks in MATLAB
- Experience with continuous integration tools, e.g. Jenkins
- Strong desire and ability to improve computational performance by designing optimal mathematical and computational solutions
These qualities are a plus:
- FPGA Hardware acceleration: HDL, Verilog, Xilinx
- Project management: Agile, Scrum, etc.
- GUI development: Qt, GTK, MFC, Swing, etc.
- Data visualization/interpretation
- Group health insurances (medical, dental, vision)
- Long and Short-term disability
- Paid time off and scheduled holidays
- 401K plan
- Flexible work schedule
Sounds interesting? If so, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org