Boulder, Colorado – Computer Vision Calibration Engineer
Imatest LLC is a well-established engineering company based in Boulder, Colorado, that focuses on measuring the quality of digital imaging systems. Our software, hardware, and test charts are used for R&D and manufacturing testing in a wide variety of industries, including smartphones, tablets, medical imaging, automotive imaging, machine vision, and space exploration.
We are seeking a full-time employee whose primary responsibility will be the development of solutions for high-precision geometric calibration of a wide array of camera systems, from ADAS vision systems to AR headsets.
You’ll enjoy working on the mathematical science of our solutions, solving our customers’ diverse calibration problems, and working with the next generation of imaging products.
- Must be able to manage the mathematical underpinnings as well as requirements design, software development and testing
- Ability to work with challenging situations, including multi-camera systems with simultaneous long focal lengths and extremely-wide-FOV
- Assist in technical communications for marketing and documentation
- Travel to customer R&D and production lines (<10% of time)
- Bring a computer vision eye to a company focused on photographic image quality
- Strong MATLAB programming skills, C++, OOP, software design, testing frameworks knowledge.
- Expertise with projective and epipolar geometry, image formation models
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art camera intrinsic calibration methods
- Proven experience estimating and validating calibration parameters of both monocular devices and multiple-camera arrays
- Understanding of lens optics and geometric distortion models, along with image sensors and image signal processing
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optics or degree with a focus on Imaging Science/Technology
These qualities are a plus:
- Experience with cross-modal calibration of heterogeneous sensors (cameras, IMU, LIDAR, depth sensors, etc.)
- Experience with collimators to calibrate within limited spaces such as production lines
- Experience with optimization libraries (e.g., Ceres, dlib, RobOptim) and GPU-acceleration
- Experience with manufacturing requirements and production line testing
- Experience with photogrammetry
- Group health insurances (medical, dental, vision)
- Long and Short-term disability
- Paid time off and scheduled holidays
- 401K plan
- Flexible work schedule
Sounds interesting? If so, send your resume to email@example.com