The release of version 3.10 of Imatest brings a host of improvements to make image quality testing faster and more relevant to advances in cameras. Look for performance, stability, interface and measurement improvements across the board as well as some excellent new modules and features.
- An Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) module has been added to measure OIS effectiveness using images of the SFRplus chart. This module compares three images: unshaken, shaken without OIS, and shaken with OIS. It can also be used to compare SFRplus images from different imaging systems.
- The new Multitest module can analyze all of the color and grayscale charts supported by the interactive Multicharts module in a non-interactive mode that allows batch runs. (Multitest was called ColorTest in early 3.10 releases.)
- Five existing Rescharts modules─ Random (which supports the new “Spilled Coins” texture chart), Log F–Contrast, Wedge, Star (Siemens), and Any Image Sharpness ─ are now available as non-interactive modules that can be run in batches.
- New hue and saturation displays have been added to the Multicharts color accuracy, tonal response and noise modules.
- The new Random/Dead Leaves module provides stronger support for Dead Leaves-type texture charts, particularly for the new Imatest Spilled Coins chart, which is more uniform and has better scale-invariance resulting in more consistent measurements for different image sizes.