Comprehensive image quality testing.
Test everything from sharpness and distortion to color and illumination with Imatest Master.
2020.1 Features and Enhancements:
- Lighting Control — Set up and control DMX lights (Kino Flo) and Lightboxes, and monitor lighting conditions with an Isolight puck. The feature lets you manage the brightness and color temperature of individual lights and save your settings to scenes that allow you to perform rapid switching between light configurations.
- Shannon Information Capacity — Measure the Shannon information capacity of imaging systems in units of bits per pixel from sinusoidal Siemens star patterns. Because frequency-dependent signal and noise are measured from the same locations on the star, they are subject to identical image processing unlike slanted-edge MTF and flat patch-based noise measurements.
- New CCM Linearization Option — Calculate the linearization parameters from the grayscale patches on the target. Results are more accurate than previous methods. (The previous Color Correction Matrix [CCM] calculation, derived from images of color charts [including grayscales], generally required knowledge of the gamma [Opto-Electric Conversion Function] curve of the image for proper linearization.)
- MATLAB Compilier Runtime Library — Add Mac OS Catalina Support, decrease build size.
- Read Raw Module Updates:
- Decompanding JSONs now accept a simpler “kneepoint form” definition.
- 14-bit MIPI unpacking now available.
- 32-bit image data can now be written out.
- Software Analytics — This helps us understand the usage patterns of license holders. When you opt in to share usage data with us, we can learn which areas of the software are used most often, which will help us improve our support and offer new licensing options.
5.2 Features and Enhancements:
- ON Semiconductor DevwareX support for this advanced image sensor interface software, which replaces Devware. Support for the APbase image acquisition API.
- Decompanding for the proper processing of piecewise linear (PWL) companded RAW files, which can extend sensor dynamic range by allowing different tonal curves for ranges of digital output values.
- Contrast Detection Probability (CDP) from Contrast Resolution chart using low-contrast path triplets to calculate the draft IEEE P2020 metric. CDP is a metric for the distinguishability from two input light levels through an imaging system.
- Improved Color/Tone Module Interfaces – Chart selection is clearer and more robust:
Hyperbolic Wedge and Siemens Star analyses are now supported in Arbitrary Charts.
Dynamic Range (DR) Output Resistance to Flare Light – We can now detect conditions where flare light causes exaggerated DR measurements and can remedy the misleading measurements by limiting the quality-based DR to the slope based DR, which is defined by the scene density where the patch pixel-level stops decreasing.
INI File Monitor produces detailed reference information about the effects of settings changes on the Imatest INI file.
Checkerboard Uniformity Calculations produce summaries of nonuniform illumination similar to those produced by SFRplus.
Image Statistics Mesh Plot produces a 3D view of spatial pixel-level information.
5.1 New Features and Enhancements:
- MTF Compensation: MTF Compensation reduces the impact of the chart on measured imaging system MTF.
- Geometric Calibration: Imatest produces a geometric calibration from a projective camera model and images of checkerboard patterns.
- Sony AYA Image Acquisition: Direct image acquisition from Sony sensor development boards through the Sony AYA software tool.
- Image Processing: Synthetic raw creation/Remosaic: Generate interactive reports to efficiently analyze data outputs.
- Improved distortion calculation: Checkerboard and SFRplus modules support an enhanced set of distortion models, and provide faster and more accurate distortion coefficient and center of distortion estimations.
- Temporal noise from multiple files now available in Multicharts and Multitest: Now compliant with ISO 15739‘s temporal noise measurement.
- Analyze over 30 popular test charts with different features for color, tone, sharpness, noise and many other image quality factors.
- Faster, more efficient and more reliable than creating in-house software.
- Direct image acquisition cuts out several steps in the image quality testing process.
- Continuous reload and analysis enables real-time viewing of parameter adjustments on various aspects of system performance.
- Test for a variety of image quality factors at once using SFRplus or eSFR ISO, and reduce the amount of time spent switching between charts
- SFRplus: Assess many image quality factors using one specially designed test chart.
- eSFR ISO: Assess many image quality factors from enhanced versions of the ISO 12233:2014 test chart.
- SFR: Inspect any slanted edge feature.
- Multicharts: Analyze color, tone, and noise from a wide variety of test charts.
- Rescharts: Evaluates several resolution test charts.
- Dot Pattern: Measure distortion and lateral chromatic aberration using a dot chart. The calculation is CPIQ-compliant.
- Even Field Test: Detect blemishes and defective pixels on the sensor and measures color and illumination uniformity.
Sensor Evaluation Boards
- Graphin EasyLab
- Camera Link
- GigE Vision
- DCAM IEEE 1394b
- Blackmagic Design
Learn More About Imatest Master:
- Allied Vision Tec
- Matrox Imaging
- Microsoft Kinect
- National Instruments
- Toshiba Teli
- Matrix Vision
- Teledyne DALSA
Single License: $3,800.00
Floating License: $6,080.00
Contact us for small business eligibility pricing.