Discount on support renewals
Imatest is offering 25% off all software support renewals through the end of the year. Click here to use coupon code RENEW25% to access your discounted year of support.
Why renew Imatest Support?
All Imatest software purchases include Support Services that will expire one year from the date of purchase. By purchasing annual support you are eligible to download all upgrades and updates released within the year, including new features, product enhancements and bug fixes. In addition, you are also eligible for free technical support. Renewing yearly before your support expires allows you to take advantage of up to 60% cost savings.
Slanted-Edge vs. Siemens Star
We have published a report that addresses concerns about the sensitivity of slanted-edge patterns to signal processing, especially sharpening, and corrects the misconception that sinusoidal patterns, such as the Siemens star (included in the ISO 12233:2014 standard), are better because they are insensitive to sharpening.
To summarize results, we found that the Siemens Star (and other sinusoidal patterns) are nearly as sensitive as slanted-edges to sharpening, and slanted-edges give reliable MTF measurements that correspond to the human eye’s perception of sharpness.
Product Spotlight: Isolight
- Quickly and effectively identify light quality for many industry standard test charts
- LED indicators allow quick verification of light levels
- Two indicator modes: level tolerance and uniformity tolerance
- Additional abilities to analyze audio output, measuring still and video image time parameters
Electronic Imaging 2015
Imatest representatives will be exhibiting at the Electronic Imaging Conference in San Francisco, February 9-12, 2015. Several team members will be available to answer your questions, and we will be making two presentations.
- Jackson Roland, an Imatest Imaging Science Engineer, will be presenting his article “A Study of Slanted-Edge MTF Stability and Repeatability.”
- Norman Koren, Imatest founder and CTO, will demonstrate Imatest during the “Camera Characterization and Camera Modules” course. Click here for the full event detail.
Please email us to schedule an appointment; we are happy to discuss any questions that you might have.
Upcoming Trade Shows:
New Imatest Team Members
Imatest welcomes new team members:
Sales Operations Manager
Imaging Science Specialist
Senior Software Developer
Ever wonder what your iPhone’s true signal strength is? Find out by using these tricks.
In observance of the holidays, Imatest will be closed on December 25th and January 1st.
The Imatest Team