Imatest, a global image quality testing solution provider, is pleased to announce Imatest 2020.1 that adds new features on top of the major enhancements made in version 5.2. This new release further enhances the software with stability updates and regular improvements. See the Imatest Change Log for details.
Imatest 2020.1 includes the following new features:
- Lighting Control — Set up and control DMX lights (Kino Flo) and Lightboxes, and monitor lighting conditions with an Isolight puck. The feature lets you manage the brightness and color temperature of individual lights and save your settings to scenes that allow you to perform rapid switching between light configurations.
- Shannon Information Capacity — Measure the Shannon information capacity of imaging systems in units of bits per pixel from sinusoidal Siemens star patterns. Because frequency-dependent signal and noise are measured from the same locations on the star, they are subject to identical image processing unlike slanted-edge MTF and flat patch-based noise measurements.
Minor features include:
- New CCM Linearization Option — Calculate the linearization parameters from the grayscale patches on the target. Results are more accurate than previous methods. (The previous Color Correction Matrix [CCM] calculation, derived from images of color charts [including grayscales], generally required knowledge of the gamma [Opto-Electric Conversion Function] curve of the image for proper linearization.)
- Support for Mac OS Catalina
- Read Raw Module Updates:
- Decompanding JSONs now accept a simpler “kneepoint form” definition.
- 14-bit MIPI unpacking now available.
- 32-bit image data can now be written out.
- Software Analytics — This helps us understand the usage patterns of license holders. When you opt in to share usage data with us, we can learn which areas of the software are used most often, which will help us improve our support and offer new licensing options.